The ZYC and UNFPA are conducting a rapid assessment for all the youth networks in Zimbabwe with the aim of understanding their coordination arrangements, networking and contribution to national systems which can be addressed for effective advocacy and coordination of efforts. To this end a Consultant is needed.
Position – Youth Networks Assessment Consultant
- Conduct a rapid assessment of youth networks, civil society groups, FBO networking and coordinating arrangements.
- Develop a five year action plan with an M & E framework, to support and coordinate youth networks and associations at all levels including mentoring youth advocates and leaders.
Qualifications and Key Deliverables for the Consultants:
A Consultant must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Experienced Social Scientist with more than five years youth development experience;
- Strong appreciation of population and development issues with a focus on youth development at local and regional levels;
- Previous experience in strategy and policy development inclusive monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Excellent communication and evidence-based report writing skills.
Key deliverables will be as follows:
- Inception Report
- Stakeholder consultative reports
- Final report with the five year plan for M & E mechanisms for youth networks.
All interested Consultants should send their applications, indicating the Post being applied for, their understanding of the assignment (also to include cover/ supporting letter and curriculum vitae with relevant traceable and contactable referees and samples of previous relevant experience), clearly marked “Youth Network Assessment Consultant” to the ZYC whose email is firstname.lastname@example.org by the 29th of July 2016.
Applications can also be hand delivered to the following address: Coal House 6th Floor, Cnr Nelson Mandela/ Leopold Takawira, Harare. Full terms of reference for the Consultant are available on request from: Assistant Director Youth Programming Tanzikwa Guranungo, Email: email@example.com , Phone Number: (04) 756189.